There is a youth homeless crisis in Chicago and nation-wide. An estimated 25,000 youth in Illinois experience homelessness over the course of a year. In Chicago, that number is approximately 10,000.
The Night Ministry provides age-appropriate services in a variety of youth-friendly locations.
Fiscal Year 2011
Our Youth Outreach Team made 11,262 contacts with 1,100 street-based youth.
Youth Outreach Professionals also provided the following supportive services:
- 427 individualized assessments/case plans
- 2,713 referrals to behavioral and medical health services
- 842 referrals to housing services
- 633 referrals to youth development/case management services.
- 62 Youth Parliament/Leadership Activities