We ask all direct service volunteers to complete a series of training
sessions to learn the support and skills you’ll need to successfully
volunteer with The Night Ministry’s programs.
- The Night Ministry’s philosophy of non-judgmental, affirming
- An overview of the people we serve and the issues they face
- Relationship building skills
- The Night Ministry’s services
If you’re interested in becoming a direct service volunteer, attend
Core Training Session 1, an introduction to our services and volunteer opportunities.
If you decide to continue, you’ll be asked to:
- Complete a Volunteer Application Form and submit 3 written references
- Attend Core Training Sessions 2 – 3
- Sign and understand the State-Mandated Reporter Status form
- Sign and agree to abide by The Night Ministry’s Confidentiality and
- Complete State-Mandated fingerprinting and authorization for background check
- Complete State-Mandated testing for tuberculosis (Youth Services volunteers
- Attend a Volunteer Debriefing Dinner to reflect on your experiences with
staff and other volunteers, after volunteering for several months.
Download volunteer forms