The Night Ministry Do You Need Services? Our Programs Volunteer About Us Contact Us Facts & Figures
Voices
Our Philosophy
What Is Outreach?
Outreach & Health Ministry
Youth Services
Compare Youth Services
Youth Outreach
Youth Housing
Continuing Care
FAQs: Youth Services
Community Education

Daily Schedule for 120-Day Interim Housing Program

Daily Goals: All residents have assignments, appointments, and tasks outside the shelter. All must demonstrate they are making progress toward self-sufficiency.

Wake-up: Monday through Saturday residents leave the sleeping area by 8:30 am and by 10 am on Sunday.

Bedtime: Residents may enter the sleeping area at 9 pm. Those with children have earlier access. Exceptions are made for residents who are sick or need to go to bed early because of work, school, or appointments.

Curfew: Residents must be present for dinner at 6 pm. Nightly curfew is 8 pm.

Meals: Residents prepare their own breakfast and lunch from a posted menu. Dinner is a communal meal.

School: By law, youth under 16 must attend school. Staff work with all residents on their educational goals, including return to high school, GED preparation, or college as appropriate.

Employment: Staff assist youth in finding steady employment or job-training while in residence.

Budgets: As part of life skills training, residents with jobs must save 60% of their income. Case Managers return the funds when the resident leaves the program. Working residents prepare a budget with their Case Managers for the other 40% of their income. Each budget includes transportation, clothing, personal products, and entertainment.

Consequences for rule infractions

Parenting guidelines

 




Our Programs
  |  Volunteer  |  Donate  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Facts & Figures  |  Privacy  |  Site Map
 
Terms of Use     ©2006-2016 The Night Ministry  4711 N. Ravenswood Ave., Chicago, IL 60640 Tel: 773-784-9000